Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Gluten free

I started following another blog today and thought that it has been a long time since I wrote anything here... So!! Here you go!

I dont believe that I have mentioned before that my husband has to be Gluten free. As far as we know he doesn't have celiacs but rather a gluten intollerance. Accoring to family history I need to be GF as well.... I just havn't forced myself to go all the way yet. I am working on it though!!!
We are also working on cutting out white sugars and such from our diet. I just found a source for local honey today! Pretty exciting! My Dad had honey bees while we were growing up untill we decided that my brother was probably alergic to their sting.. Each time he got stung the swelling got worse and worse... Not fun! Though I think he got a kick out of the sting he got on his arm... He was going around showing off his "Muskles" (intentional spelling:).
Another change is that we are in the middle of purchasing a water filtration system for our city water. Chlorine and Flouride just don't really sound that great to drink. When the house smells like a pool after anyone takes a shower after they re-treat the water tower.......... You know there is too much chlorine there. We are also concerned about the possible health risks of ingesting those and other substances that could be in our water supply. We settled on a Berkey system after comparing the may different kinds of systems that are out there.. We scratched them off of our list one at a time for various reasons and are praying that we made a wise decision. Hopefully I should be able to order it yet today! My husband is still thinking about what we will do for the shower water.....
Hope you have a great day!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment