Sunday, October 10, 2010

Life

Life has been a little bit hectic lately. H has been having trouble nursing.. or should I say I was having trouble nursing. He is 4 months old now but the last 2 months of nursing have been torture for me. He had a tongue tie when he was born but it was clipped the next day so I hadn't really taken any notice of his tongue. When every other possibility for the problems in nursing had been ruled out we finally looked at his tongue again. Yep, That was the problem. After a couple visits to the Dr., they finally told us that the were really suggesting that we wait till he is at least 6 months old to have his tongue taken care of as it is a full blown surgery. There is a possibility that when he turns 6 months old he may not even NEED the surgery....Long story short I am not able to nurse my baby for now. We purchased a pump and I have been pretty busy trying to get enough milk for my littlest man. We are having to supliment with formula right now but I am hoping to get him off of that as soon as possible as I believe he has a problem with the dairy/soy in the formula.

Talk about being busy! I sit at the computer while I am pumping and then as soon as I am done I have to feed little man, clean up from pumping, and then run around doing other house stuff before sitting down to pump again. This week I am needing to get my supply back up so I will need to sit and pump every 2 hours instead of every 3 or 4 hours. Thankfully my husband is available to do crowd control on the bigger boys. I don't know WHAT I would do if his office wasn't in the home.

I better get going.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment